Monday, February 6, 2012

Swoon-Blocks Finished!

This past week, I have been chugging a way on my Swoon blocks, and I am so happy to say that I have finished all of the blocks!  I am so in love with how it is turning out.  I love this fabric line so much.



This is one of my favorite blocks.  I just love the red and the focus it gives the block.




This one doesn't have the contrast the others do, but I still like it.:)

My husband was out of town at the beginning of the week, so once Z went to sleep I sewed a couple of hours each night.  Friday we had a snow day, so I snuck in an hour before everyone else was up, 2 1/2 hour nap time (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), and I stayed up way too late Friday and Saturday finishing these.  I am so glad I did because it feels so good to have these blocks completed!  I am going to work on the sashing this week, and I hope to have it basted in order to quilt it at the first Front Range Modern Quilt Guild Retreat in two weeks!  I can't wait!

8 comments:

Katie B said...

Audrey!! These blocks are so sweet! I can't wait to see the quilt all finished up.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable. And your blocks are so crisp! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Greenstylemom said...

Love, love, love it! I bought a Swoon kit awhile back, but at the rate I'm going, I won't even start it in this decade!

And I have your house block. I don't think I'm going to make it on Saturday. Do you want me to mail it to you?

Starwood Quilter said...

Audrey, your quilt is beautiful. I love this pattern, and I love these fabrics. The two together are a wonderful combination.

Karen said...

It's looking GORGEOUS Audrey!!

quirky granola girl said...

you did an amazing job, Audrey. i love that block design.

Kari V. said...

Those are darling! I admire your determination (and sleep sacrifice) to get them done. :)

Shanna said...

I love your Swoon blocks!!! Great job!